The Sidosi Wiki is now international!

Information related to the Sidosi community or the Solresol language

The Sidosi Wiki is now international!

Postby Dan » September 19th, 2012, 7:24 pm

This is almost not worth an announcement, but I would like to let everyone know that I've implemented a method to make translating the Sidosi Wiki easier. At the bottom of every page in the main part of the wiki, a box will list English, Solresol, and the 10 other languages with forums here, with links to each page. Simply click on a link to create/edit that translation.

Hopefully this will use the power of the wiki to our advantage, attracting an international population. I will be working more on translation-oriented stuff soon, focusing on attempting to translate English into Solresol to judge the current state of the language (and of course find words that don't have translations).
Dan
Site Admin

Re: The Sidosi Wiki is now international!

Postby shanoxilt » September 22nd, 2012, 2:24 am

Dan wrote:This is almost not worth an announcement, but I would like to let everyone know that I've implemented a method to make translating the Sidosi Wiki easier.

I have a tangentially related question.

Where are all the other Solresol users on the Internet? How can we bring them here to help us? And, where are some of their recorded works?
shanoxilt

Postby Dan » September 22nd, 2012, 3:23 pm

http://www.sidosi.org/resources

Those are all the Solresol users/researchers I was able to dig up through Google, plus some extras added over time. I suppose we just use email, contact forms, or whatever way the websites provide to contact them. I admit I've been slow adding the author information to each entry, but most of the resources list at least a name. I know I took your question probably a bit more literally than you intended, but I don't think many of those people realize we have a stable community here.

On a related note, I've been thinking about posting to the Solresol Facebook group again, even though its numbers are similarly low. I think there are some people in that group that aren't in the know about the progress we've made.
Dan
Site Admin

Postby shanoxilt » September 26th, 2012, 6:45 am

Dan wrote:I know I took your question probably a bit more literally than you intended, but I don't think many of those people realize we have a stable community here.

Please, try to contact all will respond. We can't revive a language without revivalists.

On a related note, I've been thinking about posting to the Solresol Facebook group again, even though its numbers are similarly low. I think there are some people in that group that aren't in the know about the progress we've made.

Please, do!
shanoxilt

Return to News and Announcements