A compilation of information about Solresol, the universal musical language

dosolfasi!

Introduce yourself to the Sidosi community
Hello,

my name is Simon.

I heard about this language about a year a go, whilst researching different forms of music for my degree, but didn't know there was a proper community dedicated to it.

Very fascinated about the language and hope I can learn it and help it spread!

One question, is there a limit to the length of a word?
Hello and welcome to Sidosi! The community has unfortunately dwindled a bit in activity, but everything already said is still here. Definitely be sure to check out the Resources page, since that's our repository for information about Solresol. Of course, the forums here have quite a few useful discussions as well. Finally, if you want to have some fun, you can try out the Solresol translator, though it's still very much a work-in-progress.

To answer your question, there is no set limit to the length of a word, but in its current vocabulary, we only have up to 5-syllable words. Garrison on here made the effort to translate Sudre's original dictionary, as well as 5-syllable words from a later dictionary. Obviously, as the language grows, we will either add a prefix/suffix system or expand into longer words, but none of those discussions have come to serious conclusions yet.
Is there anything we could do for a Solresol Halloween?