A compilation of information about Solresol, the universal musical language

Dosolfasi! Redo resisolre Misolsi Misido.

Introduce yourself to the Sidosi community
Hello, I am Misolsi Misido. My real name is Cris and I am interested in the Solresol language as well as many types of languages; foreign, ancient and artificial alike. I will do my best to help out in the Solresol community as much as possible. It is a pleasure to meet you all! Mifado fa sifalare domi miladomi!

Misolsi Misido

P.S.: Can someone tell me that is there a way to put "is, was, were, past tense, present tense, etc.," in Solresol? Thanks!
Simi!
to be, is = faremi
was, were = dodo faremi = D faremi = D frm
La sôlsilafa lasi dôredo solrêre simîsol faremi D mi dodo.
The mark of Past Simple (time) is D or dodo.
La sôlsilafa lasi dôredo solrêre mimilâre faremi R mi rere.
The mark of Pluperfect, Plusquamperfect (Past Perfect) (time) is R or rere.
La sôlsilafa lasi dôredo solfâfa faremi M mi mimi.
The mark of Future (time) is M or mimi.
Sol domi fafa mifala sidosi la solresol, domi solsol ladofa ladossol mimisolmi.
If you want to study Solresol (of Sudre), read books from here.
Domi solsol sirela! Lla misoldosi la solresol rere faremi fadofa falamî dorella sifalâsol (misoldodo 1866, 1902) sifa faremi misoldosi.
Pay attention! The variants of Solresol from different years (for example, 1866, 1902) are slightly different (are slightly varied).
Solsi!
Thanks!
Did Sudre list dodo as the simple past? the only decent source of a description of the grammar I can find is Gajewski's, the links to Sudres work on the site dont work except for a poorly scanned pdf. Gajewski lists the simple past as rere (I began) and the indictative as dodo (I begin). these definitions are also found in the community edited english-solresol dictionary.
dodo = Past Simple, imparfait, imperfect, passé défini
rere = Past Perfect, plus-que-parfait, pluperfect

Both authors (Sudre and Gajewski) wrote so.
http://www.ifost.org.au/~gregb/solresol ... .htm#genre
that is an english translation of gajewskis work again that says dodo is not simple past as well as well as the community english-solresol dictionary. I have also looked at the french version of gejewskis worked as linked on this site and they list rere as simple past or Le passé défini. I cannot find a resource that correlates with the information you are giving.
Thank you for the good observation! I didn’t think before, that verb paradigms was so different.

Gaewski proposed a very chaotic system, i. e.:
D. indique:
1. L'imparfait de l'indicatif, je commençais, dr D sdf, etc.
2. Le plus-que-parfait de l'indicatif, j'avais commencé, dr D sdf, etc.
R. indique:
1. Le passé défini, je commençai, dr R sdf, etc.
2. Le passé antérieur, j'eus commencé, dr R sdf, etc.
3. L'imparfait du subjonctif, que je commençasse, mr dr R sdf, etc.
4. Le plus-que-parfait du subjonctif, que j'eusse commencé, mr dr, R sdf.

You must know French to make distinction between imparfait, plus-que-parfait, passé défini and passé antérieur. As I have understood, dodo is Past Progressive (Continuous) and Past Perfect, rere is Past Simple and Past Perfect (in some positions). Moreover, dodo is Past Time in indicative, rere is Past Time in Subjunctive Mood.
The system of Sudre is more simple: dodo marks imparfait and passé défini (im-perfect, non-perfect past), rere marks plus-que-parfait de l'indicatif du subjonctif. I prefer variant of Sudre in this aspect.

Attachments

I am impressed by your fluency, Shido!
Johnwick88 wrote:I will do my best to help out in the Solresol community as much as possible. It is a pleasure to meet you all! Mifado fa sifalare domi miladomi!

Gclub
Solsi!

Mifado fa sifalare domi, midosolsol!

[Thanks!

It is a pleasure to meet you, too!]