A compilation of information about Solresol, the universal musical language

Sidosi Wiki

Information related to the Sidosi community or the Solresol language
The Sidosi Wiki is now live! It can be accessed at http://sidosi.org/wiki through the link at the top of every page. For now, I have edited a select few pages to give a start to the project, and the To-Do List page is especially a good one to look at (and likely add to) before editing.

Unfortunately, registration is required to edit, and there's no integration between the forums and wiki. I could have added one of a few plugins to handle integration, but none of them seemed stable enough in the long run, and allowing anonymous editing might be nice, but only until spam/vandalism starts.

So, head over there, claim your username, and start editing! :D
Wow, sweet!
I look forward to losing a lot of time to that wiki :D
It looks great; thanks Dan!
I agree with Mr. Garrison, Fantastic!
The registration was no problem at all. I'd say it's fine for the moment as it is.

Dan,I would like to help out with the wiki if I can. Maybe if I got some pointers from the to-do-list on what to touch, and what to leave to others with more subject knowledge. I know I'm new here, and new to Solresol. I just don't want to step on anyone's toes so to speak.
pazeex wrote:Dan,I would like to help out with the wiki if I can. Maybe if I got some pointers from the to-do-list on what to touch, and what to leave to others with more subject knowledge. I know I'm new here, and new to Solresol. I just don't want to step on anyone's toes so to speak.
Honestly, "stepping on toes" is part of creating a wiki. Just edit whatever you think you can contribute, and if it's incorrect, someone else will change it. The most important part (something I think I'll emphasize more) is citing references. If you have a reliable source that makes a particular statement, then you're not wrong for adding it. The only issues that will likely come up frequently is "Sudre vs Gajewski" and "saying an undecided issue has been resolved, when it hasn't".

The only pages that are never OK to edit will be protected, where they can't be edited anyway. Usually, those pages will be either official policy pages, or a project that I myself am working on and don't want anyone else wasting effort on. In general, follow the Sidosi Wiki Help and Wikipedia Etiquette.

All in all, just start editing. If something needs to be changed, it will be changed. There is no pointing fingers unless someone is intentionally sabotaging efforts. As Wikipedia's primary rule is:
Assume Good Faith. :)
Well great! (:

I'll see if I can find some time for it during the week.