A compilation of information about Solresol, the universal musical language

Music in the musical language.

Discussions regarding Solresol as a whole, including tutorials/guides, special events, and other resources.
I am a musician. I love playing and making music. I would love to write some songs in Solresol. The problem is that I'm a terrible lyricist in the language I'm already good at, so I would need a lyricist to write the words. Does anyone want to collaborate with me? Mifare redo' resisolsi'.
mdfewkes wrote:I am a musician. I love playing and making music. I would love to write some songs in Solresol. The problem is that I'm a terrible lyricist in the language I'm already good at, so I would need a lyricist to write the words. Does anyone want to collaborate with me? Mifare redo' resisolsi'.
I can't help, but I love that musicians are taking an interest in our language!
I've been buzzing around Solresol since I discovered constructed languages in October. I hope to see it pick up. One thing I think will help to build it up is non-language-related content. Poetry, music, videos, anything. For one thing it gives people something to hold on to other than grammar and rules, another thing is by using the language is how we will know what needs fleshing.
mdfewkes wrote:I've been buzzing around Solresol since I discovered constructed languages in October. I hope to see it pick up. One thing I think will help to build it up is non-language-related content. Poetry, music, videos, anything. For one thing it gives people something to hold on to other than grammar and rules, another thing is by using the language is how we will know what needs fleshing.
What other invented languages have you browsed?
I am actively learning Esperanto. Anything else that I have browsed has just been in passing and has not gotten my attention well enough to be remembered.
mdfewkes wrote:I am actively learning Esperanto. Anything else that I have browsed has just been in passing and has not gotten my attention well enough to be remembered.
I'm currently learning Lojban and considering eventually learning Esperanto.
I highly recommend it. I would also like to make music in Esperanto, but I decided to see if I can start here. Esperanto already has music makers, but Solresol has a void.
mdfewkes wrote:I highly recommend it. I would also like to make music in Esperanto, but I decided to see if I can start here. Esperanto already has music makers, but Solresol has a void.
Please, be sure to post your results on Youtube so we can share them on Twitter, Reddit, and other sites.
Of course! If I can find a collaborator I will make our work as accessible as possible.