A compilation of information about Solresol, the universal musical language

Writing Lyrically

Discussions regarding Solresol as a whole, including tutorials/guides, special events, and other resources.
In Solresol they use the duration of the syllable as an accent marker to define plurals and parts of speech. This could be problematic in writing lyrics as this would change the melody line and how the line fits in to the song. Also, they many not be identifiable as note duration is already part of the melody and some syllables are longer for that anyway. My current intention is to simply ignore these accentuation when writing lyrics to melody, but I was hoping maybe one of you might have an idea (if this makes any sense to you at all)

If I have misunderstood something, please correct me.
Usage of markers for plural and parts of speech isn't a rigid demand (and Gajewski sometimes demonstrated this). Moreover, we can't designate grammatical meanings in many forms of Solresol (number, stenography, color...), so this feature (rules about indication of plural, feminine, part of speech) is generally facultative, auxiliary. Especially in a song and poetry.
Thank you. I had since thought about this with stenography. Once I have the Rhyming Dictionary all sorted out I think I'm gonna give writing lyrics a try.
mdfewkes wrote:Thank you. I had since thought about this with stenography. Once I have the Rhyming Dictionary all sorted out I think I'm gonna give writing lyrics a try.
How would rhyming work in Solresol? :?