A compilation of information about Solresol, the universal musical language

Solresol Media

Discussions regarding Solresol as a whole, including tutorials/guides, special events, and other resources.
I have a little skill with video editing, and am happy to help out if anyone wants something fancy (text overlay, titles, or even just basic slice and dice) If anyone has a bunch of clips then we could use a dropbox or google drive shared folder and collate the footage and audio, then away we go.
Check my previous post. I made a video last night.
Youtube says that video is private... :/
Garrison wrote:Youtube says that video is private... :/
Try it now. I made it public.
Just checked the video. Looks very good except for two things:
1) We do need to hear the notes.
2) It should also have the hand signing.

The slide at 0:33 is what I would like to see for a dictionary entry, with or without the image for the word's meaning. It would sound the tones and move the hand signal, either repeatedly, or on clicking it.

It shouldn't be too hard to write a computer program to prepare cards for all possible combinations of 1 to 5 letters, where each letter is one of the seven Solresol tones. One only has to make the drawings for each of the seven tones, and have the program iterate. OpenOffice.org Draw (free multiplatform software) could do it, except for the musical notes, and perhaps even with those. One problem might be the "handwriting" code, since it is not easy to teach the program how to connect the symbols.

The program could even read a file with all the definitions from the online dictionary, and place the definition on the card.

Unfortunately I'm too busy to spend time doing such program.
pensema wrote:Just checked the video. Looks very good except for two things:
1) We do need to hear the notes.
I couldn't figure out a way to add them. Do you know how?
2) It should also have the hand signing.
I agree. How would we convey it?
The slide at 0:33 is what I would like to see for a dictionary entry, with or without the image for the word's meaning. It would sound the tones and move the hand signal, either repeatedly, or on clicking it.
This is a great idea, but wouldn't it be expensive?
This is a very interesting film about conlang movement in England with some phrases in Solresol (and these sentences are played!):
Language Lessons (1994)
This movie was demonstrated at the English TV.
Thanks, Shido. I shared it on Reddit.