A compilation of information about Solresol, the universal musical language

Adapted Japanese Solresol

Proposals and discussions about additional forms of Solresol
There hasn't been a lot of activity on the board lately. Anyway, I think adapting the Japanese syllabaries - katakana and hiragana - should be straightforward enough.

Hiragana:

ど = "do," but I guess we could just drop the " and use と (to)
れ= "re"
み= "mi"
ふぁ = "fa," but to simplify things, I think we could just use ふ (fu) by itself.
そ= "so"
ら = "ra"
し = "shi" but could be used for "si"

Katakana:

ド = "do," but as above, I suggest dropping the "
レ = "re"
ミ = "mi"
ファ = "fa," although I suggest just using フ (fu)
ソ = "so"
ラ = "ra"
シ= "shi," as above, this can stand for "si."

So the phrase, "La misolredo mimiredo dore milasol falafado" might look like:

ら みそれと みみれと とれ みらそ ふらふと

ラ ミソレト ミミレト トレ ミラソ フラフト

And there you have it :D
Doresifado wrote:There hasn't been a lot of activity on the board lately.
Yeah, I blame the school year for other people. As far as myself, I've been fighting a cold for the last week or two (sounds like I should have been on more, but not when I have to keep up with schoolwork :roll: ).
Doresifado wrote:Anyway, I think adapting the Japanese syllabaries - katakana and hiragana - should be straightforward enough.

Hiragana:

ど = "do," but I guess we could just drop the " and use と (to)
れ= "re"
み= "mi"
ふぁ = "fa," but to simplify things, I think we could just use ふ (fu) by itself.
そ= "so"
ら = "ra"
し = "shi" but could be used for "si"

Katakana:

ド = "do," but as above, I suggest dropping the "
レ = "re"
ミ = "mi"
ファ = "fa," although I suggest just using フ (fu)
ソ = "so"
ラ = "ra"
シ= "shi," as above, this can stand for "si."

So the phrase, "La misolredo mimiredo dore milasol falafado" might look like:

ら みそれと みみれと とれ みらそ ふらふと

ラ ミソレト ミミレト トレ ミラソ フラフト

And there you have it :D
This kind of stuff is what makes Solresol able to be universally communicated: every language at least relatively used in the world probably has comparable representations for the Solresol syllables, and if all else fails, the number representations can be used. みそ れふしら! :D
Yeah, I blame the school year :/ Sorry I've not been around much as of late, but I'll try to be around more soon :)

I like this writing method! (both of them)
I agree, I like how universal the syllables are. If you could learn to get comfortable writing Solresol like this, it would look like you knew Japanese :D hehe
I don't think I could get comfortable with typing them on the computer, but I think they'd look cool written out.
Yeah, I understand the school year starting and whatnot, but I also think there's a bigger lag...I mean I think only half the people from the Google group even registered for the site and we haven't attracted any wayward net travelers thus far. :/ C'mon, Solresol, you must grow!!! :P

Oh, and Happy Belated Birthday, Garr! And many more!
I'm a Japanese speaker, but what is the point of adapting all of these for Solresol?
The same point there is to using music, numbers, colors, spoken syllables, shorthand, etc. The ability of Solresol to be used in an incredibly diverse array of mediums is one of the most unique aspects of the language - the whole point of this 'proposed forms' section is to capitalize on that and come up with logical and interesting ways to express the language.