Proposals and discussions about additional forms of Solresol
do 斗 [dou]
re 日 [r(i)]
mi 米 [mi]
fa 乏 [fa]
sol 叟 [sou]
la 拉 [la]
si 西 [shi] / ti 提 (ti)

I tried to find the most simple character for each syllable, which doesn't mean to much sometimes. ;)
The last column is a hint of how the characters are pronounced. (that "r(i)" is hard to describe properly, there's no real vowel in there. Go here to hear that thing.

A second "Chinese" Solresol could be done by using Zhuyin/Bopomofo - an early transcription system, which was abolished in Mainland China, but is still used in Taiwan.

do ㄉ (d / de)
re ㄖ (r / r(i) )
mi ㄇ (m / mo)
fa ㄈ (f / fo)
sol ㄙ (s / s(i))
la ㄌ (l / le)
si ㄒ (sh / shi) / ti ㄊ (t / te)

I wonder if anyone can even see these symbols...?
Last column tells you, which sound is represented by the symbol, and how the symbol is pronounced normally, when it's used on it's own.

Edit: Added symbols for 'ti'.
It's really cool to me how everyone can apply their own linguistic experience to Solresol. I can see the symbols, and they look good! It'd definitely be interesting to memorize some of these exotic ways of writing Solresol :D

I'm curious if you could find a symbol for 'ti' as well, to use instead of 'si'? Since there might be some ambiguity between the 's' syllables.
Garrison wrote:It's really cool to me how everyone can apply their own linguistic experience to Solresol. I can see the symbols, and they look good! It'd definitely be interesting to memorize some of these exotic ways of writing Solresol :D
That's just what I was thinking about too. If everyone applies their own experiences to Solresol, we would only need to remember 7 symbols for each form, versus an entire language. This is especially applicable in the Eastern languages that use glyphs instead of Latin-style characters.
@Garrison
There are of course also characters for "ti". :)

As for characters you could use 提 or 体 (simplified character used in PR China, but not in Hongkong or Taiwan).

And the Bopomofo-symbol would be: ㄊ = t (usually pronounced as "te" or maybe "tuh"... the vowel is some sort of prolonged schwa-sound - or in French, the vowel of the article "le")

And I'm glad you like the script. I fell in love with bopomofo, when I heard of it during my study time. :)