A compilation of information about Solresol, the universal musical language

Grammatical words

Discuss the grammar of Solresol, including proposed changes.
This is topic about useful grammatical words (prepositions, conjunctions, pronouns etc.). I had started discussions of prepositions in topic Dictionary Change Log, but then I decided, that it was off-topic. The question of prepositions is very important; I will write my opinion, but with this stuff Solresol community ought to form common opinion. So, let’s talk about frequency words!
I think, that it is necessary to distinguish prepositions in with local and time (temporal) meanings. Sudre's dictionary gives these equivalents for in: mimisolre and misisimi (and dosoldolâ - inside, which word can be synonymous in many cases for the local preposition). Word mimisolre belongs to the group with local meaning, so misisimi, as I think, may be used for temporal preposition. For example:
dore faremi mimisole lâdomire. I'm in the store.
misisimi rerela - in November.
misisimi sollala resisi - at six o'clock.
When I try to write in Solresol, I notice a lack of prepositions, one of which is from. I see these solutions for the word from:
  1. 1) use lasi (and lasi will become difficult word with huge system of meanings);
    2) use another word.
I offer to employ the word doredorê, which originally has such translations, as birth, born, native born (the man from somewhere, born in some country). So, this Solresol root may have such derivatives:
doredore — to give birth
dôredore — birth
dorêdore — native-born, a man from one’s country
doredôre — born
*doredorê — from
A lack of preposition is a big problem of Solresol (especially when you try to write in Solresol). So I want to repeat some suggestions and to offer others.
In accordance with book called “Theory and Practice of Solresol” (and with other sources), we can easy omit many prepositions, e.g.:
Sire resol fásolfa dosisol domisire sôlsisolsi Domisol. — instead of: Sire <lasi> resol fásolfa dosisol domisire <fa> sôlsisolsi Domisol.
relamifa rêmisolmibang ON the door
(examples from “Theory and Practice of Solresol”)
Also — in accordance with mentioned book — we can use adverbs instead of noun with preposition. These adverbs mean place or direction of a movement, e. g.:
doladolǎ (to put) on the table
dosilasǒl (to keep) in the sideboard
remiladǒ (to go) to the bedroom
fasiladǒ mi fasilarě(to come) to south or east
sisoldorě in the Stock Exchange
siresirě in politics
remirefǎ by the carriage, in the carriage
And also adverb can mean material (“made of”), e.g.:
faremi lafasolrěmade from gold

I think, that main part of modern Solresolists prefers to use prepositions in such cases. My suggestions:
mimisolre in, at (spatial, including phrases like “in the book”)
misisimi in, at (temporal)
doredô during, in the course of, in, at the time of (example from the “Theory and Practice”: doredǒ sîrelafaduring session, sitting, meeting)
And, of course, sometimes adverb is seemed to be more preferable, e.g.:
sifafa faremi silalâthe sun in the sky <now>
In accordance with “Theory and practice”, the from (but not with meaning “made of”) is lasi. We can use ladoresôl for the “made of”, and doredorê for “from (some country)”.

Another useful preposition is ON. In accordance with above-metioned book, word on is translated by mimiresî (meanings: over, above; on). Examples:
mimiresi fásolado on, via sea
mimiresi remidosolover, on the hat
mimiresi fâsollasol(to sail) on, via ship
falamisol mimiresi fâlamireto fish on the lake

And we need equivalent for “by means of, by, by the use of, with the help of, with the aid of”. I am surprised, but Sudre himself created such word, i.e. falamî.