A compilation of information about Solresol, the universal musical language

Neologisms

Discuss the vocabulary of Solresol, including proposed changes.
domi~dofadofa~soldo wrote:digital: midorere (lit. virtual)
virtual: see digital
internet: lasirela~midorere (lit. net~virtual)
Being that "internet" is such a ubiquitous term nowadays, I would think that a more convenient word would be used in favor of the technical term, much the same way English speakers would rather say "net" or "online" or "internet" rather than "world wide web" or "international network."

I noticed that miresi        translates to "link, bond," and might also carry the meaning of "connection." I think it might make sense that native speakers would grow to use this term commonly instead of the much longer proposed lasirela midorere                   .
How does one say, "Rogue" and "Altitude", in Solresol?

Thanks!
Soffit wrote:
September 25th, 2016, 6:24 pm

Being that "internet" is such a ubiquitous term nowadays, I would think that a more convenient word would be used in favor of the technical term, much the same way English speakers would rather say "net" or "online" or "internet" rather than "world wide web" or "international network."

I noticed that miresi        translates to "link, bond," and might also carry the meaning of "connection." I think it might make sense that native speakers would grow to use this term commonly instead of the much longer proposed lasirela midorere                   .
I like that idea because it makes it easier for people to know what they are saying when they use one word that can have a multitude of meanings. Therefore, "mîresi" can mean "internet" in the context of Modern English.

Any thoughts or things I said that did make sense, let me know.