Tuesday, September 25, 2012

What I accomplished:
  • Updated forum software
  • Fixed board watch issue
  • Updated wiki software
  • Updated translator dictionary, changed to community-edited dictionary
  • Figure out the translator update issue, and push it to production.
  • Added 6 new resources (Thanks, Shido!)

What's in the works:
  • Refactor the translator code, to make it easier to update.
  • Fix the recent news and discussion lists on the index page (they work a bit weirdly right now).
  • Copy forum design to rest of site (thanks for the suggestion, Garrison!).
  • Add more features to the translator.
  • Complete the information for the Resources page.
Yay, it hasn't even been a week since my last Work Journal post! :D

I saw it was Garrison's birthday today, so I decided to get a lot of stuff done on Sidosi! I updated the forum software and fixed the Board Watch issue. I also updated the wiki software, which had a security vulnerability (luckily no one had fun with it).

A long-awaited update was updating the translator database, and switching to the community-edited database, rather than the Sudre-only one. Finally, thanks to Shido, I've added 6 resources to the Resources page (most in Russian, but still a welcome addition for international visitors).

I've gotten a bit mentally exhausted after working on Sidosi all day, so I'm calling it quits for today. I hope everyone enjoys the updates, and please report any bugs you find! :D

Discussions about this post may take place here.