A compilation of information about Solresol, the universal musical language

Shavian Alphabet

Solresol using glyphs
I was looking at the Shavian alphabet, and a number of the characters resemble the stenographic symbols for Solresol. I propose using the following for typing Solresol:
Shavian Solresol.jpg
The font for this would be ESL Gothic Unicode. Here's a document with the unicode: http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U10450.pdf.
Perfect! :D
Now we can write in "real" Solresol script!!1

(well, COULD. if the mysql server accepted shaw characters...)
xadrezo wrote:Perfect! :D
Now we can write in "real" Solresol script!!1

(well, COULD. if the mysql server accepted shaw characters...)
The issue is not the MySQL server; it encodes all text data for the forums in UTF-8. The An issue is browsers' sketchy handling of special characters and fallback font selection, not to mention ensuring you have a font installed that supports the characters you wish to view. This issue is especially prevalent in the more obscure Unicode ranges, such as the Shavian range. I'm going to attempt to remedy this issue, but there's no simple solution.

I will post an announcement in a few minutes on how to temporarily resolve this issue.

EDIT: The original issue has finally made itself known to me, and unfortunately it will not be an easy one to resolve. It's actually a quirk in MySQL where it doesn't support full Unicode, until pretty recent versions. Now that I know the presence of this issue, it is a very pressing and high-priority matter, given our community's international ties. I will post updates as I start making plans.