A compilation of information about Solresol, the universal musical language

La misolredo mimiredo dore...(sifasire)

Solresol is strongly encouraged, but not required
...also known as "The person under me" game :D I saw this on another forum and thought it would be a good way to get the ball rolling with some Solresol text on here. How it works is that I'll start off with a sentence and then someone else responds as to whether the phrase is true about him or her. After responding, the person offers up another phrase and so the game continues. An example in English could be that I start off by writing:

"The person under me likes doughnuts."

Then someone else responds by saying, "No, I hate doughnuts," or "Yes, I love doughnuts," or, "What's a doughnut?" giving as much or as little detail as desired. And then he or she follows up with another phrase such as:

"The person under me is afraid of cats." And so on.

Corrections are welcome, so that people can learn Solresol in the process. And so, without further ado:

La misolredo mimiredo dore milasol falafado.
Do, dore do milasol falafado, mimidore dore sifa milasol falafado, re dore milasol la fasollado. :)

La misolredo dore do falasol domifas'ol.

(I think this is a very good idea :D A game is probably the best way to get us to use Solresol in simple conversation)
Fado? “Doesn’t disfavor children”? Dore do falafa. :?

La misolredo mimiredo dore milasol ladofa. :)
Ah, damn. I went off my vague memory and forgot to check - I meant "famisol", to have. :?

Si! Dore fasi milasol ladofa.
La misolredo mimiredo dore do famisol domifas'ol. :)
Fami faremi siFAmi. Dore do famisol domifas'ol.

La misolredo mimiredo dore famisol DOredosido.

>>>Two things. One, what convention are we using for emphasizing certain syllables? uppercase letters? apostrophes? Where are those letters with the hats? :mrgreen: And two, any ideas on how to say "you're right" in Solresol? That's what I wanted to say instead of "This is correct," but I couldn't find it in Sudre's text, although I did find "mirelado," which means "to be wrong." So, "domi do mirelado" maybe? :D
Do! Dore do famisol doredosido! ... Mimidore sifa fafa milasol famisol dola. :D
[I think "doredosido" is a word that I wouldn't bother emphasizing, because I think it just has to be a noun. One would have to specifically add words to make it a verb, as far as I know :D
I'm trying to say "I would like to have one". Should the diminutive go before "fafa" or after? (is "fafa" the correct verb tense to use?) And would we agree that it is appropriate to use "dola" as a pronoun for the most recently mentioned noun in this case?]
[I don't like the capitals in general, I think they look messy. They ARE much easier to do, however. The hat letters are probably the hardest to do :( I think right now I'm preferring normal accents ("sifámi") because they're easy for me to type quickly and they indicate stress in most languages, so they look natural.
I think it would be fine to say "Domi faremi sifámi" for "you are right". I wish "mirelado"s opposite was "to be right"... but "dolamire" means fork :P. "Fork" could be slang for "correct" :D "You're a fork!". I'm all for creating new slang words that make sense in Solresol but not in any other language and give the language more character (and make it harder to learn :twisted: hehehehe). (I'm actually kind of serious though. In a case like this where misinterpretation would be almost impossible, I'd be up for it.)]

La misolredo mimiredo dore solla dosolfare mimisido.

[one more question - should "solla" in general go before or after the phrase? Or does it not matter?]
I’d be curious myself to know what “to zebra” would mean :D

As for your sentence, what are you trying to diminish? Do you want to say something like “I would kind of like to have one”? Sudre says nothing about adverb placement but Gajewski (your guy! :P )...well, I thought he had placement of the adverb before the verb, but now that I’m looking at the document he gives for example - Dr' frf ls lm - where “lasol (never)” comes after the verb. So maybe: “Mimidore dore fafa famisol sifa redodo.”

Then again when talking about “sifa” and “fasi,” Gajewski says that before an adjective “fasi” means “very, much,” and after it means the superlative. So...then maybe “Mimidore dore sifa fafa famisol redodo” would be clearer. EDIT: But there's also his example - Sdm fmso fmfr fs - "The enemy has a lot of troops" So...Gajewski even contradicts himself :?

I wouldn’t use “dola” here as it doesn’t mean “one,” in the sense of “one of them” or “one of those things.” It means “one” as in “someone, somebody, other, another [person]” and would be used in impersonal constructions.

Accents work for me :D

And I’m with you on the “fork” thing. That was my first inclination actually, to just reverse “mirelado.” So, fork the fork :D Dolaremi it is! And thus the Era of NeoSolresol began :D

Back to the game:

Si, dore solla dosolfare mimisido.
La misolredo mimiredo dore dodo dolamisi fasi dólafare lare.
Ok, gonna give this a try...

Do, dore dodo soldo dolamisi lare :P
                                   
It's so cool that you can post with colours! :D
Not sure this is correct, feel free to tell me I'm stupid.

la misolredo mimiredo dore milasol domidosolre
Si! Dore milasol domidosolre... Mimidore dore do dolamisi dofa mimiladó, re dore do fafalami dofa.

Hi, Empha! Welcome to the forums! I haven't been around for a while, but I plan on making my return.
I would never tell you you're stupid, because all of us are still trying to work out the intricacies of Solresol grammar. From what I can tell, though, I would propose that when marking a verb with a tense ("Dodo", "Mimi", etc.) one treats the tense and the verb as a single, inseperable unit. So in your sentence I would say, "Do, dore dodo dolamisi soldo lare." Solresol also generally follows a Subject-Verb-Object paradigm, so putting it that way would maintain that as well.

@Doresifado: Sorry I completely destroyed the flow of our conversation :?
Here are some of my thoughts:
What I was going for in my previous sentence was diminishing the verb "to love" to make it more like "to like". It seems like we shouldn't put anything between a tense marker and a verb, so I put it before to indicate a diminutive.
On that note: does it seem really messy to allow "fasi" and "sifa" to go either before or after the thing they describe, while other adjectives always go after? It seems like there could be many situations like "[word] sifa [word]" where one would be unable to tell which word is being modified...
Back in September I was thinking that we should definitely go with Gajewski's degrees of change just for the sake of giving Solresol a wider range of expression, even though I'm not sure if Sudre mentions it.

I think you're right about the use of 'dola'.
And I'm glad we agreed on "dolaremi"! :D

Do you think we should create some sort of document or forum post that holds all the official grammar rules of Solresol? So that if we change anything or decide anything we can put it there and make it 'official'?

La misolredo mimiredo dore misila la láfafa.
I think we should get this game going again.
Garrison wrote:La misolredo mimiredo dore misila la láfafa.
Hmmm...sifa :D

La misolredo mimiredo dore ladofa ládosol solresólmi solmimi.