Sunday, August 20, 2017

What I accomplished: What's in the works:
  • Refine/bugfix the website redesign
  • Community Outreach
  • Restructure and redesign the Resources page
  • Update the Resources page
  • Refactor the translator code, to make it easier to update
  • Fix the recent news and discussion lists on the index page (they work a bit weirdly right now)
  • Add more features to the translator
  • Solresol Lessons
So yeah, about those weekly updates...

I won't talk about the ISO application and wiki relaunch, or the website redesign and social media accounts, since I've linked to their respective announcements.

As for the game, js13kGames lasts from August 13 to September 13, and in that time, I will be building a JavaScript (web) game using only 13 kilobytes of code. Dosido (working title), I'm sure to everyone's disappointment, will not involve square dancing, but will instead use Solresol as a central gameplay element. Namely, the seven syllables will be at the center of the game's plot and gameplay. In addition, various forms of Solresol will appear in the game, including NPCs that speak Solresol (though for gameplay purposes, I may use a watered-down version)! As a bonus, "Dosido" roughly translates to "help" or "rescue", something that you will definitely be doing in this game. That's about all I can confidently share, as I'm still in the middle of planning the game, but watch for updates in my Work Journal, and don't be surprised when I make the call for beta testers!

Before I go, I decided to restructure my Work Journal. Before, it used a weird setup requiring people to post responses to Work Journal entries in a completely separate topic. I finally decided I'd had enough of it, so I split my Work Journal into separate posts for each entry, added responses as replies to their respective posts, and stuck it all in a new sub-forum. As a bonus, each Work Journal entry now has a brief summary of changes in its title. And of course, you can now reply directly to a Work Journal entry.

Anyway, "that's all" this week, to catch you up for the last month. As you can see, I've definitely been busy working on stuff, but I will try harder to make weekly posts. See you next week (technically, later this week, to get back on Saturday schedule)!