Saturday, August 26, 2017

What I accomplished:
  • Completed the ISO 639-3 application, posting it for community review before submission
  • Continued work on Dosido, a game for the js13kGames game jam
What's in the works:
  • Refine/bugfix the website redesign
  • Community Outreach
  • Restructure and redesign the Resources page
  • Update the Resources page
  • Refactor the translator code, to make it easier to update
  • Fix the recent news and discussion lists on the index page (they work a bit weirdly right now)
  • Add more features to the translator
  • Solresol Lessons
Not a whole lot happened this week. I finally got around to doing serious work on the ISO application, learning quite a bit more about the history of Solresol than I knew before through my research. Since the original plan was to submit the application by the end of this month, I'm now calling on the community to review and give feedback on the responses that Shido, Misolsi Misido, and myself have given in the application. Please view the Solresol ISO 639-3 Change Request form and the Solresol ISO 639-3 New Code Request form, and leave comments either here or in the documents themselves.

Also, I have continued work on my Solresol-related game, Dosido, for js13kGames. Progress is going slowly, but I've never done a game jam like this, and hopefully things will speed up as my plans for the game get clearer. There probably won't be any time for community testing, but oh well, it is what it is, and everyone will be able to play it when it's submitted!

Anyway, that's it for this week! Through my research for the ISO application, I have plans for the next community effort, but I need to gather a bit more info before I can start the discussion on that idea! Hopefully, the next announcement you see will be that the ISO application was submitted!