• Cancelled/postponed Dosido, a game for the js13kGames game jam
  • Worked on a few new ideas for Sidosi
What's in the works:
  • Refine/bugfix the website redesign
  • Community Outreach
  • Restructure and redesign the Resources page
  • Update the Resources page
  • Refactor the translator code, to make it easier to update
  • Fix the recent news and discussion lists on the index page (they work a bit weirdly right now)
  • Add more features to the translator
  • Solresol Lessons
Unfortunately, I've decided to cancel/postpone Dosido, the game I was making for the js13kGames game jam. It's four days before the submission deadline, and to be blunt, I'm nowhere near done. I understand that this happens to many other people attempting to participate in js13kGames, so I'm not too upset about it, though it would have been a neat thing to take part in. Also, there's the fact that I'm not a game developer, so it was more of a fun thing to try from the start. Anyway, finishing the game isn't the most useful thing to do at this point, so I'll probably work in my free time to finish it and publish it.

Back to news more relevant to Sidosi, I've started planning and working on a few different things for an overall major overhaul of Sidosi. No, I'm not changing the website design again, though individual pages may change. It's more of a backend code overhaul than a design overhaul, and I'm calling it the buzzword-worthy Sidosi 2.0. A lot of the code is old, anyway, but with the correct restructure of the code, I can make the functionality of Sidosi more flexible, and make it easier to build new projects based on Sidosi code that already exists. Anyway, I know it's a bit forward-looking, and I agree that Sidosi 2.0 won't be an overnight change, but while I work on the items in that "What's in the works" list, I'll also be laying the foundation for Sidosi 2.0. I have some surprise very early in planning for Sidosi 2.0, but I'll stop teasing you and work on it!

Finally, with the recent national disasters of Hurricane Harvey, Hurricane Irma, and the wildfires in the western U.S., my heart goes out to those affected. I have some friends in Texas and Florida, and while I believe they'll be fine, it's still a jarring experience for everyone that lives in those areas, and something that will take a long time to recover from. I encourage everyone to contribute to the relief efforts in response to these disasters. You can, of course, research the various relief efforts for each disaster and area affected (too many to list here), and contribute where you like, but one organization that can always use your help is the American Red Cross.

That's all for today's update! Next week, I should be back with more of something to show for my work!