A compilation of information about Solresol, the universal musical language

Hello?

Introduce yourself to the Sidosi community
Hi. I just found out about these forums. As a language enthusiast and would-be musician, I've been interested in Soresol for a while now. Just thought I'd pop in and check things out, maybe stick around for a while.
Hello, and welcome to Sidosi! We're a pretty small community here, but slowly growing. Here's a quick rundown of the site.

Check out the Resources to find 100+ resources about Solresol. Once you know the basics, read and participate in the forums to examine some of the finer details of Solresol. When you get comfortable with your knowledge, you can start contributing to the wiki, which is intended to be a central resource for information about Solresol. Finally, I coded a translator that can be handy when learning words, though right now it only does basic word-to-word translation, so don't think it's Google Translate! :P

Don't be discouraged by the apparent lack of activity. Many of our members have school or jobs that keep them busy, so they visit mostly to check for new posts and such. I attempt to keep a work journal to keep everyone informed, but even I'm not the best at logging in enough to post there. In case it wasn't obvious by now, I'm the admin of this site, so feel free to tell me any comments, questions, or concerns about it. I hope you enjoy your stay! :)
Psychosassic wrote:Hi. I just found out about these forums. As a language enthusiast and would-be musician, I've been interested in Soresol for a while now. Just thought I'd pop in and check things out, maybe stick around for a while.
Hello!

We thank you for your interest and hope to read or hear you using Solresol in the near future.
Dan wrote: Check out the Resources to find 100+ resources about Solresol.
Almost a third of the links are broken or unarchived. We need to find a mirror site or a way to make a downloadable bundle of material.
shanoxilt wrote:
Dan wrote: Check out the Resources to find 100+ resources about Solresol.
Almost a third of the links are broken or unarchived. We need to find a mirror site or a way to make a downloadable bundle of material.
I don't want to derail this too much from an introduction topic, but I want to clarify the status of the Resource Archive.

All except a few resources are archived. The only ones not archived are large community websites (like the Facebook and Misolrela groups) and ones that aren't the easiest to archive (like the Quizlet page and the translator). The way I currently have it set up, the main links on the page point to the original URL. To access the archived version, you expand the entry, and click on the Archive URL.

A downloadable bundle of the resources is a future goal, but some archived pages still need to be fixed up a bit. This is mainly because I rescued only the content from those pages, and the formatting is messed up.

I suppose if most of the source links are broken, I will make the archived version the main version (except for community sites and pages I know are still being updated).
We also need to pester Garrison to update his blog!